RULES: GSL 5v5 Outdoor Soccer
FIELD OF PLAY
- Dimensions: 25 yds wide x 40 yds long
- Penalty Area: Box measuring 2-3 yds from each post, and 6 yds into field (deep)
- Penalty Mark: 8 yds from the mid-point of the goal line
- Substitution Zones: 6 yds zone (3 yds on each side of halfway-line) on the bench side of the pitch
- The Goals: 6ft high x 12ft wide
- Size 3 - 8 Years Old and Younger
- Size 4 - 8 Years Old to 12 Years Old
- Size 5 - 12 Years Old and Older
- 5 + GK
- Minimum Number of Players to Start Match: 4, one of whom shall be a goalkeeper
- Maximum Roster: 9
- Substitution Limit: None
- Substitution Method: "Flying substitution" (all players but the goalkeeper enter and leave as they please; goalkeeper substitutions can only be made when the ball is out of play and with a referee's consent)
- Players can play for multiple teams. If players plays for 2 teams in same age group, he/she must choose 1 team for playoffs. Player may play for multiple teams in playoffs if in different age groups.
- NO HEADING for 11 years old and younger
- 5 Minute Waiting Period for enough players before forfeit.
- Games that start late will end on time (5 min before next game)
DURATION OF THE GAME
- 2013-2009 - 4 x 9 min periods. (1 min breaks, 3 min Halftime)
- 2008-2002 - 2 x 20 min halves (5 min Halftiime).
FOULS AND MISCONDUCT
- FIFA Rules
- All the Free Kicks are INDIRECT that occur outside the penalty box. Penalty Kicks will be used for tie-breakers – Final/Consolation
- To be taken from the penalty mark, 8 yrds from goal line. All players must be out of the penalty area.
OFFSIDE – There is no offside in 5v5.
THROW-IN – A kick in will be taken in place of the throw-in.
FREE KICK/KICK-IN – distance from the ball – 5 yards.
- From inside the penalty area, the goalkeeper may kick the ball into play within their own half. Goalkeeper may throw the ball into the opponents half. Ball must clear the Penalty Area for an opponent to play it. Goalies in the 2009 age group, may punt the ball into the other half.
- A teammate may play the ball within the PA.
OFFICIALS / REFEREES
- Single Referee will call the games.
RESTART TIME LIMIT:
- Restart must take place within 5 seconds or the ball is awarded to the opposing team (enforcement to take place gradually).
PASS BACK TO GK – GK may not handle the ball.
- Players, coaches and spectators are expected to act in the nature of good sportsmanship at all times. Abuse of the referees will not be tolerated. Any instance of such conduct will lead to ejection without refund for the offending team.